Sunday, September 30, 2012

Reflective Convo

Appendix A (part 2)

This second part of the appendix was more familiar than the planning conversation because we had already had a chance to practice this style of cognitive coaching.

I was reminded of the importance to ask open-ended questions, summarize and paraphrase what the teacher would say, and probe for more specifics. In this particular example conversation, I liked that the coach was able to refer back to the planning conversation to recall different concerns.

One important thing I would like to note on this reflective conversation is that the coach didn't ever reveal any sort of opinion about how the lesson went. She only presented the facts and when it came time to reveal the facts, she asked the teacher if she wanted to hear them, rather than just "dumping" it on her. This will be important for me to remember during my reflective conversation because I tend to want to share my thoughts and feelings on most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment