Saturday, October 6, 2012

Inquiring Into the Knowledge Base of Teaching and Learning

Ch 8

On the very first page I was struck by this quote, "only accomplished teachers know the unspoken knowledge and perceptions that guide their work in the classroom." This struck me because it made me feel as though teachers truly are a professional group of people that take the time to learn their trade in order to teach young minds. Not  everyone is able to become an accomplished teacher, this takes a lot of time and dedication as well as others around you who are able to promote the right choices and support you in this career path.

I could relate to the section about "teachers as continuing learners" because there was a section about the standards of teachers. It says that the standards require, "a holistic conception of career development, essential efforts in teaching, regardless of the grade level or students being taught, the standards are performance-based and the current views of what students should know and be able to do and learn challenge subject matter" (p. 183). I related to this section because I want to me a life-long learner who strives to continually better myself as an educator. I felt as though these things described me but because they describe me, there will always be room for improvement.


No comments:

Post a Comment