Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Basics

Ch. 2

"Self-discovery is a process of reflection that is built into coaching as a learning habit... It is designed around a set of questions that the person must think through and react to with concrete responses" (p. 39). As a coach, I will need to be able to make this process of reflecting in my own daily life so that I will be able to easily create that same environment for those whom I will coach in the future.

I was not surprised when I read that coaching others requires trust and focus on the teacher's goals but I found it to be interesting when the chapter mentioned that coaching requires "detailed mental rehearsal of the lesson." I thought I was the only one who rehearsed conversations in my head. This means that when I go into coaching in the future, that it cannot be blind sided. I need to go into the conversation prepared.


No comments:

Post a Comment